[pypy-dev] Re: Objects and types in the stdobjspace

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Jun 12 13:53:36 CEST 2003

Armin Rigo <arigo at tunes.org> writes:

> Hello Holger,
>
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 05:36:19PM +0200, holger krekel wrote:
>> Please find attached a modified "stringobject.py" where i
>> implemented this convention. I found that the naming scheme
>> was confused sometimes and the new "enforcement" makes this
>> very regular and readable (IMHO, of course).
>
> It seems pretty reasonable, to say the least. What do other people think about
> this point ?

+0.a bit

> If accepted, the introspection-registering loop at the end of the file should
> probably be moved in a common location and called from the end of each
> xxxobject.py file.

But for heavens sake, please leave an explicit call at the end of each module!

StdObjSpace.register_from_namespace(globals())

or something.

Am I right in thinking that for each object space method we have one
multimethod instance shared between all instances of StdObjSpace?
That's not a very good idea, is it?

Cheers,
M.

--
  incidentally, asking why things are "left out of the language" is
  a good sign that the asker is fairly clueless.