[pypy-dev] Re: Recent Checkins

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Jun 20 13:44:47 CEST 2003

Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> writes:

> roccomoretti at netscape.net (Rocco Moretti) writes:
>
>> First off, mea culpa.
>>
>> I'm not sure how unpardonable a sin this is, but I now realize that my
>> recent checkins make the test_all.py script fail. This (probably) isn't as
>> bad as it sounds. Firstly, it works fine for the trivial object space - it
>> only has problems with StdObjSpace. Secondly, it's only one file that has
>> problems (test_exec.py), and it seems that the problems were there before
>> the checkin, it was just that the unittest wasn't picking them up. (It was
>> running at interpreter level, not at application level as it should be -
>> and no surprise here; CPython handles the exec statement perfectly :)
>>
>> I'd try to fix the errors, but they seem to be complex, and not directly
>> due to the EXEC_STMT opcode - as I said, TrivialObjSpace passes.
>
> Can you drop into IRC?  #pypy on irc.openproject.net.  I'm not doing
> much right now, we can try and fix this.
>
> Or maybe you have already?  I don't see any failures.

Oh, now I do.  I wonder what the test was doing there?  I don't
usually run the appspace tests, as some of them take so long.

> I have changes for this that need polishing.  As they're on my peecee
> and not my laptop, it would probably be a good idea if I checked them
> in before leaving :-)

Done -- try running the tests now, I think you'll like the changes :-)

Cheers,
M.

--
  > so python will fork if activestate starts polluting it?
  I find it more relevant to speculate on whether Python would fork
  if the merpeople start invading our cities riding on the backs of
  giant king crabs.                 -- Brian Quinlan, comp.lang.python