[pypy-dev] Code review possible?

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Sun Mar 2 20:14:25 CET 2003

Howdy,

as people have seen me struggling quite much to find
out how we should do what which way, with not so much
success, I came up with Yet Another Fine Idea(TM):

Wouldn't it be the right time to do a code review on
the C sources? All of them?
I'm thinking of some summary about every C module
that I know well (these are many).
This would be a listing of functions, what they do,
their scope, what the external references are, and
how I think this might be rewritten in Python.
Having a bigger picture might give a better global
result, and such work would also open the CPython
source to other people.
I'm not yet sure how far this will go, but I think,
with a bigger picture of what we have, it is easier to
talk about what we need.

As far as I remember, Tomek did quite much work with Holger
on some XML stuff, somehow there was a connection between the
Wiki pages and the C source file planned, is that right?
I would like to ask about the status of that sub-project,
and if it is already usable for me to start the review
thing with it?

if-you-don't-know-how-to-write-code,-write-about-code :-)

cheers - chris