[pypy-dev] Code review possible?

Samuele Pedroni pedronis at bluewin.ch
Sun Mar 2 20:48:56 CET 2003

my 2cts...

I think it is important to try to understand how to recode in Python and then
re-emit for the various (1 or more) targets the functionality in:

abstract.c
object.c
typeobject.c
funcobject.c
moduleobject.c
etc

that means the glue and skeleton of the object model/runtime; I don't think
object spaces as such cover already the whole story,

OTOH if for the first try the implementations of int,long,dict,tuple... are
simply wrappers around the CPython types, is not too much a problem because is
local to the single object types and the details are fixable and one can solve
the problem one object type at a time.

Also I think the important thing is to be able to run tests.

But if don't know how to get 1 .__add__ to behave or lookup/dispatch in general
or the content of type("").__dict__ etc right, that's  a FAR more serious
obstacle.

regards.