[pypy-dev] Re: Extending the ObjectSpace Concept

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon May 5 20:41:30 CEST 2003

roccomoretti at netscape.net (Rocco Moretti) writes:

[...]
> Which sort of leads me to the reason I got on this train of thought. Over
> the past couple of weeks I've been trying to fix the remaining bugs in the
> trivial object space. Some of them seem to stem (at least in part) to the
> lack of a separate sys/builtins module for the application level code. (As
> was mentioned earlier by mwh). I've attempted to fix it by special casing
> the builtin __import__(). However, in order to do so, __import__() needs
> to be able to call out to interpreter level python functions. With the
> current TrivialObjectSpace, that's impossible as all python functions are
> run through the pypy interpreter.

Yes!  I ran into this a few weeks back but then forgot exactly what
the issue was :-(

[...]
> Does any of this sound reasonable? I tried to explain it well, but I'm
> quite sure I failed, so if you have any questions, please ask.

No, your description of the problem and solution made much sense over
here.

Are you coming to the sprint in May?

Cheers,
M.

--
  I also fondly recall Paris because that's where I learned to
  debug Zetalisp while drunk.                          -- Olin Shivers