[pypy-dev] Introducing Richard Emslie

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Mon Nov 10 20:49:57 CET 2003

Dear PyPy-bakers,

how do I write a nice introduction? Here a try...

Last time in Charleroix, I met Richard Emslie, right
before my Stackless talk. He was quite interested
and later implemented auto-scheduling for SLP 3.0.

He is working for the Dublin department of a larger
reinsurance company, which makes heavy use of Python.

Last week, I was invited to Dublin as a consultant,
in order to do training for them on how to build
Python, extensions and GUIs under Windows. It was
a very pleasant experience, both the department and
working with Richard.

There is a lot of interest to see PyPy succeed, and
he may be sent to the next PyPy sprint, which I
would appreciate very much. Richard is new to PyPy,
but very interested and learning quickly. He has
tough knowledge of Python and knows C very well,
working under Linux most of the time.

Still I'm not sure how to do a nice introduction,
but that's all, folks. I'll leave the rest to Richard.

cheers - chris