[pypy-dev] Re: from private mail out of discussion on building a communitypythion website

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingide.com
Thu Nov 20 00:57:46 CET 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Patrick K. O'Brien wrote:
> Project Information
> -------------------
>
> 1. Submitter: pobrien
>
> 2. Project UNIX Name: restify
>
> 3. Project Descriptive Name: Restify
>
> 4. License: BSD License

Sounds good.  I strongly prefer less restrictive licenses like this to
GPL, which would be a problem for me in this case.

> 5. Project Description: Restify is a lightweight content management
>    system that uses reStructuredText documents to generate static web
>    pages for an entire website.  It is written in Python, and does not
>    require any software on the server.

My current code base caches but still has Python code running to access
the cache.  This should be changed to allow static directly servable files
as an option, but in fact I would like to retain a layered approach where
there can be a mix of dynamic and static content (even down to different
elements on the same browser page).

> I described the kind of tool that *I* want.  If that isn't what
> everyone else wants, or what Stephen and Tim's code supports, just let
> me know.  I just hope I'm not too far off in my description.

It's fine as a start, anyway, as I'm sure we'll evolve what we want
this thing to be and after we figure out how/if to merge the various
initial code bases.

> I'll let everyone know when the project is approved by SF.  In the
> mean time, anyone who wants developer access should send me their
> SourceForge user names.

Please add sdeibel when it's approved.

Thanks!

Stephan Deibel