[pypy-dev] Subversion questions

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien at orbtech.com
Sat Nov 22 14:39:00 CET 2003

"Nicolas Chauvat" <Nicolas.Chauvat at logilab.fr> writes:

> On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 07:58:42PM -0600, Patrick K. O'Brien wrote:
> > It looks like I'm going to invest in a server to host all my web
> > activities.  I'll have root access and can install whatever I want.
> > So I'll be installing subversion.  What particular setup has worked
> > well for the PyPy folks?  I'll probably use Debian for the OS.
>
> Laura will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the PBF's server
> could also be hosting such a project. It's using debian. Instead of
> handling the whole thing by yourself, you might be interested of
> benifiting from what's already available and joining the effort.

Laura *has* offered the use of that server.  And I agree - it makes
sense for everyone to work together.  So I'll back off on my rush to
make something happen.  I've got my hands full as it is.  (I haven't
even had time to look at Stephen's code.)

In any case, it sounds like we've got several systems capable of
running subversion and restweb, so we shouldn't have any trouble
testing this new content management system.  At this point that's
probably more important than where any of this is hosted.

And I promise that I won't cross-post to the PyPy list any more.
Stephen has a restweb list set up, so we should carry on discussions
there.  List details are here, for any PyPy folks that want to join:

http://wingide.com/mailman/roster/restweb

I see that David Goodger (Mr. reStructuredText himself) is on the
list, which is excellent.  I'm excited.  I feel like I may actually
get the kind of content management system I've wanted for years.

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech      http://www.orbtech.com/web/pobrien