[pypy-dev] svn with HTTP proxy

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Tue Oct 7 15:01:07 CEST 2003

Hello everybody,

In case someone has the same problems than me with svn because of a broken
HTTP proxy that doesn't understand the extended webdav commands, here is a fix
(I also need input as to whether this fix is "clean" enough).

Edit your ~/.subversion/servers files to contain:

[groups]
codespeak = codespeak.net

[codespeak]
http-proxy-host = codespeak.net
http-proxy-port = 8080

This redirects all requests to codespeak.net to the port 8080. The fix is kind
of a hack, because codespeak.net:8080 is not really an HTTP proxy server but
an HTTP server on its own, but it seems to work perfectly.

With this hack I no longer have to use the svn url
http://codespeak.net:8080/svn/. The problem with it was that it only worked
for the "internal" part of the repository; external items are explicitly
referenced with an url of the form http://codespeak.net/svn. The above hack
thus forces svn to redirect *all* connections to codespeak.net to port 8080.

A bientot,

Armin.