[pypy-dev] recent lisp support / cross-language

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Fri Oct 10 11:41:46 CEST 2003

hello pypy,

i think it's nice that we start to have clisp support. but there
are no unit-tests and 'translator/gencl.py' adds more code to keep
in sync with our model.  So without tests i wouldn't like this code
to exist.  I guess we need some boilerplate that allows starting
lisp-programs from commandline with instructions which functions to
call and parsing the results.  the unittests could then do the same
what they do for pyrex: checking that the function at least computes
correctly.

btw, I can imagine a cross-language sprint aimed at producing multiple
backends (C, Pyrex, CLISP, whatever) or multiple frontends (prolog...).
That would certainly help to get the wider language research/developer
community get interested.

A dumb side-question: can clisp-source be annotated with types
or is it just another VHLL :-) ?

cheers,

    holger

P.S.: if Seo wants to maintain the lisp area for the time beeing i am
      for giving him commit privs.