[pypy-dev] gnu lightning

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle at logilab.fr
Fri Oct 10 13:56:36 CEST 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 01:09:56PM +0200, holger krekel wrote:
> [Alexandre Fayolle Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 01:03:55PM +0200]
> > Hello
> >
> > Your probably aware of this already, but then again, maybe not. I've
> > just stumbled across the gnu lightning project
> > http://www.gnu.org/software/lightning/lightning.html
> >
> > "GNU lightning is a library that generates assembly language code at
> > run-time; it is very fast, making it ideal for Just-In-Time compilers,
> > and it abstracts over the target CPU, as it exposes to the clients a
> > standardized RISC instruction set inspired by the MIPS and SPARC chips."
> >
> > And I thought this may be something quite useful for pypy or for psyco.
>
> maybe, but is there any more information? the page doesn't seem to
> contain useful links.

There's a link to the FTP, but no tarball in there apparently because of
the attack against this server last summer.

You can download it from Debian's repository though, through
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/lightning.html
(or "apt-get install lightning" if you're running testing or unstable)

--
Alexandre Fayolle
LOGILAB, Paris (France).