[pypy-dev] Re: recent lisp support / cross-language

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Oct 10 15:29:23 CEST 2003

Christian Tismer <tismer at tismer.com> writes:

>> Oh, and don't say "clisp": that's the name of an *implementation* of
>> Common Lisp.  If you can't be bothered to type "Common Lisp" out, "CL"
>> is a better abbreviation.
> If possible, please, can we remove CL and turn the
> stuff into Scheme? I always liked that so much better...

Not if I have anything to do with it!  Scheme is a toy language, at
least as defined by R5RS.

I have no objection to generating scheme *as well* (and it might be an
idea to target a specific implementation, or at least mandate a few

  Sufficiently advanced political correctness is indistinguishable
  from irony.                                           -- Erik Naggum