[pypy-dev] Re: [pypy-sprint] early sprint planning - amsterdam

Jacob Hallén jacob at strakt.com
Tue Oct 14 11:59:25 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 11.13, holger krekel wrote:
> hello pypy-devers, hello current pypy-sprint subscribers,
>
> just wanted to gather some more feedback for the next (fifth!)
> PyPy-sprint.  It is currently planned to take place at
>
>     "Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam", 14th-21th Dec 2003.
>
> thanks to Etienne Posthumus.  There was already some agreement in
> Berlin about this proposal, and Armin, Michael and me told me
> afterwars it's likely they will come.

Laura and I plan to be there. I hope we can get Bea to come and learn how we
work.

> I guess the main goal will be to complete C code generation
> (probably still using Pyrex as an intermediate layer). It would
> also be nice to work on some fun frontends to PyPy like one
> with pygame that visualizes interactions between interpreter
> and objectspace.  But we will certainly need to discuss which
> main goals the next sprint should have.  The sprint should
> be a rather pure coding sprint, no funding strings attached :-)

I think we need to keep the funding issue open. If the EU moves fast (we'd
all be stunned, wouldn't we), we may have to handle funding issues at the
sprint. I'd really prefer not to, but I'm keeping an open mind about it.

Cheers

Jacob