[pypy-dev] Tortoise SVN probs

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Thu Sep 11 13:00:55 CEST 2003

Christian Tismer wrote:

> Jens-Uwe Mager wrote:
>
>> I just tried it from my windows box using TortoiseSVN 0.16 and I do not
>> get any such messages. I would recommend to upgrade to the latest
>> TortoiseSVN and see if the problem goes away.

There seems to be one problem with upgrading Tortoise:
You really need to uninstall the stuff before you upgrade.
I wasn't sure if I did this in the first place.

First, I installed the new Tortoise.
When I had trouble with checking out, I upgraded
the new cmd line svn. No change in behavior.

Then, I uninstalled Tortoise completely, rebooted,
and,to be safe, removed every registry entry that
had Tortoise in it.
Then I installed Tortoise again.
It works fine now, and the context menu has changed,
completely. So that was probably the problem.

back to working on the proposal -- chris