[pypy-dev] Extended goals

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Sep 16 16:41:24 CEST 2003

On Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003, at 09:20 America/New_York, Christian Tismer
wrote:

> Laura Creighton wrote:
>
>> In a message of Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:46:26 +0200, holger krekel writes:
>
> [Zope speed]
>
>> Good idea. I will ask Paul Everitt as well.
>
> Absolutely!
> Zope would not only become much faster, but
> could also get rid of *all its C extensions*
> (which are not too many, btw).

Does Zope really need any C extensions to do what it needs to do (not
considering performance) if they were allowed to use new style classes?
  I was under the impression that the C extension(s) in Zope were
developed to get around some of the shortfalls of the old class system,
and was part of the reason for type/class unification?

-bob