[pypy-dev] Re: fixeol

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon Sep 22 15:08:45 CEST 2003

Hello Christian,

> >Argh ! The files look completely broken now !! Warning !

I hopefully fixed the script now. You might try it (carefully!) on some new
text files.

I'm still a bit worried that if fixeol actually changes content, as would be
the case if it is run by someone on another platform than the one used to
create it, then svn will record it as completely changed (ideal source for
conflicts). The only solution I could imagine would be to make sure that
people specify files to be text when they first add it to the repository.
Somehow the default "files-are-binary" of SVN creates different, new kind of
problems than the default "files-are-text" of CVS. Maybe a no-default
you-must-specify-it-explicitely wouldn't have been such a bad idea.

A bientot,