[pypy-dev] Re: OT: abs(x) with 4 assembly insns

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Sep 29 14:23:04 CEST 2003

Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> writes:

>> I've been reading the PPC architecture manual, though, so I can tell
>> you that Bob's 3 instructions are all single cycle instructions on a
>> G3...
>
> You should also check out IBM's PowerPC Compiler Writer's Guide, if
> you  haven't already:
> http://www-3.ibm.com/chips/techlib/techlib.nsf/techdocs/
> 852569B20050FF7785256996007558C6
>
> Hard copies of this document can be obtained by calling IBM at (800)
> 879-2755 and requesting document number SA14-2094, I hear that they
> used to (maybe still do) charge $1.00 for the book :)

Our Apologies

You have attempted to enter a controlled access area that you are not
currently entitled to view. IBM Microelectronics uses a entitlement
process to protect potentially sensitive data.

... oh well.  I'll dig around for it, though.  And I guess s&h might
be more that $1 to the UK...

Cheers,
mwh

--
  if-you-need-your-own-xxx.py-you-know-where-to-shove-it<wink>-ly
  y'rs - tim