[pypy-dev] Re: OT: abs(x) with 4 assembly insns

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon Sep 29 15:19:58 CEST 2003

On Monday, Sep 29, 2003, at 08:23 America/New_York, Michael Hudson
wrote:

> Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> writes:
>
>>> I've been reading the PPC architecture manual, though, so I can tell
>>> you that Bob's 3 instructions are all single cycle instructions on a
>>> G3...
>>
>> You should also check out IBM's PowerPC Compiler Writer's Guide, if
>> you  haven't already:
>> http://www-3.ibm.com/chips/techlib/techlib.nsf/techdocs/
>> 852569B20050FF7785256996007558C6
>>
>> Hard copies of this document can be obtained by calling IBM at (800)
>> 879-2755 and requesting document number SA14-2094, I hear that they
>> used to (maybe still do) charge $1.00 for the book :)
>
> Our Apologies
>
> You have attempted to enter a controlled access area that you are not
> currently entitled to view. IBM Microelectronics uses a entitlement
> process to protect potentially sensitive data.
>
> ... oh well.  I'll dig around for it, though.  And I guess s&h might
> be more that $1 to the UK...

Maybe it's restricted to US citizens only?  That would be odd..  I
tried it in another browser just to make sure it wasn't a baked cookie
from when I downloaded IBM's PowerPC compilers, and it worked just fine.

As for the 800 number not working outside of the US.. I have no idea, I
don't work at IBM.

I don't think I can mirror the pdf publically on an archived mailing
list according to the copyright of the book, but you all know what my
email address is if you are interested in it ;)

-bob