[pypy-dev] python/pypy hacking before EuroPython

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Thu Apr 8 16:04:33 CEST 2004

[Laura Creighton Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 03:54:15PM +0200]
> In a message of Thu, 08 Apr 2004 15:34:21 +0200, holger krekel writes:
> >But as a remedy the idea now is to do a 3+7 day coding sprint
> >before EuroPython in Goetheburg/Sweden:
> >
> >    28th of May till 30th of May: Free Python hacking
> >    31st of May till 6th of June: PyPy sprint
> >    7th of June till 9th of June: EuroPython!
> >
> >Be assured that it will be a wild ride that you don't want
> >to miss :-)  I guess our main focus will be on translation to
> >low level code to finally get a working C prototype of PyPy.
> >There are however, many diverse areas of interest and we will
> >give a thorough introduction and help to newcomers.
>
> I'd sort of prefer the 3 free days to be before EP, and the 7 days to
> start the 28th.  That way I can go nuts about the conference the 3 days
> before not in the middle of pypy.  do you have a reason why you want it
> this way?

Well, i figured i wouldn't like to force everybody interested in
a PyPy sprint into another three day free hacking thing ...
actually i wasn't sure who apart from Armin and me are crazy
enough and have enough time to do the extra 3 days :-)
It's surely open to discussion though.

cheers,

    holger