[pypy-dev] i just had the book FLOWS reccomeenmded to me

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Tue Apr 13 14:47:34 CEST 2004

In a message of Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:39:44 +0200, Alex Martelli writes:
>On Saturday 10 April 2004 12:05 am, Edward K. Ream wrote:
>> > Why do uncreative people live at all?
>>
>> Why ask why? It's their problem :-)
>
>I disagree: we, the uncreative, provide most of the indispensable support
> and
>follow-through for most creative people's "sparks".

<snip>

somewhere along the line, we have the interesting phenomenon that Alex
Martelli doesn't think of himself as creative ...  meanwhile, he goes
about life creating a lot.  :-) You must think that creativity is
something different than what happens to you when you are creating
things.  How very odd. I would say that all of those support people
are creators too.  However, the joy of 'helping' might be more of
what motivates them than the joy of 'creating'.  I am curious as to
what happens to those people who are getting satisfaction out of their
lives while not being creative, because I understand them so poorly
This will make it hard for us to build attractive work environments for
them.  Whatever it is that they want, we probably do not have.

Laura