[pypy-dev] Re: source code

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Thu Apr 15 21:40:17 CEST 2004

[Thomas Heller Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 03:28:04PM +0200]
> holger krekel <hpk at trillke.net> writes:
>
> >> c:\>svn --version
> >> svn, version 0.24.2 (r6284)
> >>    compiled Jun 19 2003, 05:44:59
> >
> > yes, you need a newer version. I recommend >1.0 e.g. 1.0.1 of
> > subversion. You'll find some links here:
> >
> >     http://codespeak.net/pypy/index.cgi?doc/devel/howtosvn.html
>
> Thanks, Holger.  I can check it out now.

I also fixed the source url (like Jens-Uwe suggested) and
now the source-repository link works again:

    http://codespeak.net/pypy/index.cgi?source

> However, test_all fails early, in two different ways depending on how I
> start it (it's not a big deal, mainly I wanted to read the code instead
> of running it, but maybe you wanted to know this):

the tests are supposed to pass in each revision.

> c:\pypy>test_all.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "c:\pypy\test_all.py", line 7, in ?
>     testit.main(tool.autopath.pypydir)
>   File "c:\pypy\tool\testit.py", line 372, in main
>     suite = testsuite_from_dir(root, filterfunc, 1)
>   File "c:\pypy\tool\testit.py", line 245, in testsuite_from_dir
>     from vpath import getlocal, nodotfile
> ImportError: No module named vpath

you need to check out

    http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/trunk/src

and not

    http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/trunk/src/pypy

because 'src' contains a number of support packages (a hacked
pyrex/Plex for c-translation and 'vpath' as an abstraction to
access the file system).

cheers,

    holger