[pypy-dev] Re: [Prothon-user] Re: Prothon on PyPy?

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Fri Aug 13 14:18:08 CEST 2004

Mark Hahn wrote:

> I know the real PyPy with all its goals is a long way out, but I don't need
> all the goals PyPy does.  Instead of an automatic translation to C using
> your flow-graph tool, I could do a manual port to c# in the beginning. Or
> maybe I'll take longer and actually work on the auto-translation to C#.
> Also I would be starting full-time now, not later.

Sure. Any useful fast path makes sense. You can also
try to use the C translation and put a C# transformation
on top of it, or modify it. If that leads to a C# code
generator for the project, it will be a win.
Or you do a direct manual thing first, to get things flying.
After all, having more supported target engines and more
target languages is good for the project.

> It would be ironic to have the first implementation of PyPy not be Python
> and not on CPython.  It could be kind of a test run for the real PyPy.

No problem if we start with IronicPython. :-)

> Maybe when I wake up in the morning I will come to my senses and get over
> this crazy idea.

I wish you a very good sleep -- chris