[pypy-dev] Ever since we nuked (nearly all of) our spam in the pypy-dev archive

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Aug 13 18:36:01 CEST 2004

Hello Laura,

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 05:08:05PM +0200, Laura Creighton wrote:
> There is this thing:
>
> _mail: http://codespeak.net/pipermail/pypy-dev/2003q2/000789.html
>
> This is a note from Armin saying he likes the Oscon Paper, which doesn't
> seem to fit there at all.  But nothing refers to mail ... does anybody
> remember writing this, what it was for, and what I should do with it?

Sorry cannot help there specifically, apart from noting that most of the rest
of testdesign.txt doesn't apply any more, since we are heading for the simpler
'assert'-based scheme.

Which reminds me to ask you how ready for PyPy you think the test conversion
tool is.  If I remember correctly the point still holding us was different:
how to actually run app-level tests.  I don't remember where we left the
question.  In fact, pypy/tool/pypyutest.py looks like the solution (which we
hacked in the post-EuroPython days) but I don't remember how complete that is.