[pypy-dev] Ever since we nuked (nearly all of) our spam in the pypy-dev archive

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Fri Aug 13 18:55:06 CEST 2004

In a message of Fri, 13 Aug 2004 17:36:01 BST, Armin Rigo writes:

>Which reminds me to ask you how ready for PyPy you think the test convers
>ion
>tool is.  If I remember correctly the point still holding us was differen
>t:
>how to actually run app-level tests.  I don't remember where we left the
>question.  In fact, pypy/tool/pypyutest.py looks like the solution (which
> we
>hacked in the post-EuroPython days) but I don't remember how complete tha
>t is.
>

>A bientôt,
>
>Armin.

The tool works great.  It converted our whole tree without error. I
tried it on the source trees of a few other projects as well, and
haven't found any errors in more than a month, I think.  (Actually, I
commented out the part that does assertRaises, since I don't have a
'raises' yet.)  What I think is left to do is to remove the lines that
say 'import unittest' and substitute whatever magic you need to put in
the file to get the new test framework -- assuming there is any.

I don't know how complete pypy/tool/pypyutest.py is, either.

Laura