[pypy-dev] genpyrex -> genc ?

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Aug 20 11:31:07 CEST 2004

Hello Holger,

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 01:18:39PM +0200, holger krekel wrote:
> > Perhaps generating Pyrex code isn't such a great idea.
>
> i'd dare to say it was a good idea at the time because
> it worked and allowed us to test/debug/hack things quickly.

You are right on spot.  My quick hack is simple because it doesn't try to do
typing, exceptions, classes, etc.  I've spent some time trying to add typing
in it, with automatic conversions like C-int -> PyIntObject, and as you guess
it's becoming a mess...  Still trying to figure out if there is a clean way to
put it in, e.g. in a separate phase that would come because code generation
itself.

A bientôt,

Armin.