[pypy-dev] Organizing Sprints.

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Wed Dec 1 11:05:09 CET 2004

Hi Brian,

[Brian Dorsey Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 09:14:23PM -0800]
> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:09:24 +0100, holger krekel <hpk at trillke.net> wrote:
> > And if anyone likes to help with organizing one of the sprints that would
> > be very helpful as these events really form the foundation of the PyPy
> > project and they are much more fun and easier to do if there are locals
> > to interact with ...
>
> I'll happily volunteer to organize a sprint in the Seattle,
> Washington, USA area if you all ever feel like heading out this way.

Sounds great to me!

> The Seattle Python Interest Group has had two fun, fairly small
> sprints this year and we're planning on doing 2-4 next year as well.
> We've been picking different projects to learn/work on each time, so
> far.

And this is a very nice approach to learning and getting to know
fellow hackers i suppose.

> Anyway, I know it's really far from you all, but if you're so
> inclined, I'll be happy to help coordinate things on this end, and we
> can likely pull a few more volunteers together from SEAPIG as well.
> Oh, and there is some wonderful food in Seattle. ;)

What is a good time e.g. weatherwise to come to Seattle?

Btw, it seems that in January we are going to attempt some
longer term planning regarding sprints ...

cheers & thanks,

    holger

P.S.: side note: one thing i really dislike about coming to the
      states is this fingerprint/iris scan thingie and i know i am not
      alone with this.  OTOH, the german government is even planning
      to introduce similar requirements in our passports, anyway.
      So i presume it gets more difficult everywhere to escape
      more or less total government surveillance possibilities ...
      only that germany should know better.