[pypy-dev] [patch] bitwise binary operators

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Wed Dec 8 13:41:43 CET 2004

Hi Odie,

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 05:56:56PM +0100, Olivier Dormond wrote:
> Oops!
>
>  Armin told me that nonneg means that we know for sure that the value
> is not negative
> (i.e. postive or null).
> In that case the xor behave differently.

That's still not right, but I guess it's just the fault of a poorly chosen
name :-)  I'm applying your patch and fixing 'xor', but at some point we
should remove 'nonneg' and replace it with 'maybe_neg', which means (if True)
that the integer can possibly be negative.  It's easier to reason with that
than with the double negations incurred by a name like 'nonneg'...

Armin