[pypy-dev] Re: EU funding is official!

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha at bubblenet.be
Mon Dec 6 11:51:14 CET 2004

holger krekel wrote:
> Hi pypythonistas,
>
> lucky day!
>
> The EU signed the contract and the PyPy/EU projects starts,
> umm, started on 1st of December 2004!

This is great news. Congratulations.

> This means we have now two years of funding for PyPy
> to deliver research and implementation results.
> The funding will go to a number of people (through their
> respective organizations) who already are involved in the
> project for a long time.  But this doesn't mean that there is
> not room for new fellow hackers especially with research
> interests!
>
> After our prototypical work we already completed
> we can be pretty confident that we can reach the
> ambitious goals that we promised to the EU.  Nevertheless,
> it will be quite an adventure .. as if it hadn't been one
> already :-)
>
> My special thanks go to Laura who pushed us initially towards
> going for the funding and also supports the project in
> magnificient ways!

Thanks having shown us that those hills can be climbed !

> But i think i wasn't wrong either
> in July 2003, when i was skeptical with respect to all the
> formal work and communication implications :-)
>
> I think that the support from the many pythonistas which e.g.
> materialized in our EU proposal and in the sprints certainly
> contributed a lot to winning the contract!

I am happy that our support helped you.

Jacob Hallén wrote:
 > On top of this, we can pay travel costs for individuals who live
inside the EU
 > to go to sprints. There is a bit of an administrative hassle with
this last
 > part, as the individual will have to formally join the project.

Who should we speak to in order to be ready to join one of those sprints
if our schedules fit ?

Who should I speak to if we want to organize again a sprint in Belgium
(LLN or elsewhere) ? Can you fund part of the hours spent to organize it ?

--
Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha)                http://bubblenet.be