[pypy-dev] Pycon preliminary talk schedule out.

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Sun Feb 15 12:39:50 CET 2004

I will skip a bit ...
I have devised a schedule that would accommodate all the talks in two
parallel sessions.  I hope it's at least a starting point for
discussion.

The schedule assumes the following daily schedule.

Daily schedule
- --------------
Keynote  9:00 - 10:00
Break   10:00 - 10:30
Session 10:30 - 12:00
Lunch   12:00 -  1:00
Session  1:00 -  3:00
Break    3:00 -  3:30
Session  3:30 -  5:00

<snip>

I gave ids to the session -- ex. Session 1.2b.  The first number is the
day (1, 2, 3), the second number is the session within the day (1, 2,
3), the letter a or b distinguishes between parallel tracks.

Jeremy

<snip>

Session 1.2a (4)
- ---------------
IronPython: a fresh look at Python on .Net
Jim Hugunin

Faster than C: Static Type Inference with Starkiller
Michael Salib

Pypy - implementing Python in Python
Jacob Hallén

>From Python to PLT Scheme
Daniel Silva

Session 1.2b (4)
- ----------------
Python in Chemical and Bioinformatics
Andrew Dalke

A Finite Volume PDE Solver Using Python
Daniel Wheeler and Jon Guyer

Data Extraction and Analysis Program
Amy L. Shelton

Modeling of a Fuel Fabrication Facility Using Python and SimPy
J.D. Doak

<snip>

So it looks as if we are to give a technical talk in with a bunch
of other technical talks about New Pythons, opposite Scientific
Apps using Python.

Laura