[pypy-dev] Pie-thon benchmark

Patrick Maupin pmaupin at speakeasy.net
Sun Jan 4 13:42:40 CET 2004

A happy new year to all involved!

I will be flying back to Texas tomorrow, and hopefully
caught up on work enough to try to start contributing
a little again by next weekend.  Debugging these sorts of
benchmarks is a task which, as Alex mentioned, he and I
actually made some headway on, so this has given me a
(possibly quite false) sense of confidence about my
understanding of a few sections of the PyPy code.

I'll check back later in the week to figure out what I
should consider working on, but I think there are plenty
of little bugs and code cleanup tasks available for my
amusement.

In addition to those tasks, I have been thinking about the
dict object implementation.  If no one else is working on
this, I might have a go at creating one which is somewhat
more efficient.

Pat