[pypy-dev] next sprint in the snow with the plone?

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Tue Jan 6 11:31:46 CET 2004

hello pypystas,

recently i talked to the Plone developers regarding a PyPy sprint
on the same location and time as their next "snow sprint". See *their*
nice sprint page here:

    http://plone.org/events/sprints/snow-sprint/FrontPage

It takes place from 7th till 14th of February 2004 in some austrian
mountain and you can possibly also do various snow sports .  Of course i
realize that this is rather early for us as we just finished our
Amsterdam sprint but nevertheless i think it's a good opportunity.  As
Plone attracts quite some people (they have more than 40 people assigned
to the sprint!) it would be a great opportunity and possibly the largest
european python sprint event so far (until the ones at EuroPython, i guess :-).

So i ask everyone to check if he/she could possibly make it.  This doesn't
need to be a definitive yes, yet, just a hint that you think it's probably
possible or not. You can reply to this posting or sent private mail as you wish.

I will get more details and confirmation soon (thanks to Jodok Batlogg and
Alexander Limi, already).  Prices are expected to be reasonable although
it is high snow season.

If we gather enough critical mass then we could still reach the goal of
releasing some PyPy within the first year of development, hehe.
Armin Rigo already appears to be able to come which considerably
increases chances to make it :-)

Ah, and btw, our EU project coordinator, Alastair Burt, just sent notice
that our EU proposal got 26.5 out of 30 points which sounds promising but
of course we don't know if they employ some logarithmic scale or so :-)
(/me crosses his fingers, knocks on wood and all that).

cheers,

    holger