[pypy-dev] Andy Robinson wants to pen in a day for the ACCU Python-UK conference

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Tue Jan 6 11:30:25 CET 2004

Hello Andy, hi pypy-dev fellows, and happy new years to you all!

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 11:34:47AM +0100, Laura Creighton wrote:
> We're trying to have a day on all the 'new implementations
> of python' at ACCU - Jython, .NET, PyPy, Psyco, Stackless
> etc.  It occurs to me the relevant people are probably
> with you now.  I'd LOVE to wrap it up with an overview
> talk on how they will all converge one day, if that's still
> the plan.

Yes, it is what we hope to reach!  I would propose that the PyPy group should
give two talk if you are interested in such an overview talk -- the other
talk, assuming you are also interested in this aspect, should be more
specifically on PyPy, what we've done so far, its architecture, etc.

I could give a talk more specifically to Psyco, relating it to PyPy as well.

> if they want a sprint in Oxford that week?  I can look
> into sprint facilities in January if it helps...

We're thinking about a February sprint at the moment, but I guess we also need
to make up our minds soon and answer your April proposal.  Comments,
pypy-dev'ers?