[pypy-dev] next sprint in the snow with the plone?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 18:08:29 CET 2004

On Jan 6, 2004, at 11:31 AM, holger krekel wrote:
> It takes place from 7th till 14th of February 2004 in some austrian
> So i ask everyone to check if he/she could possibly make it.  This
> doesn't

Nope, sorry.  I do hope we can get something going around
PythonUK/ACCU, as I'm most likely going to be in the UK for that and
likely so is Anna, but early Feb's no good for me:-(.

> Ah, and btw, our EU project coordinator, Alastair Burt, just sent
> notice
> that our EU proposal got 26.5 out of 30 points which sounds promising
> but
> of course we don't know if they employ some logarithmic scale or so :-)

No, I studied the PDF doc and it's really very simple: a sum of scores
on scales of 0 to 5 in 6 categories, with a per-category threshold that
would presumably rule out a project that's otherwise generally good but
hopeless in one category.  Out of a maximum of 30, we "lost" a total of
3.5 points: 0.5 on potential impact, 1 on not being totally state of
the art, and 2 more on "mobilization of resources" which seems to be
euro-speak for "are the estimated costs sensible" (we scraped by,
barely meeting the threshold in that category, but the 2+ millions EUR
we asked for , if I read the comments correctly, seemed
somewhat-inflated costs to whoever judged those things, with specific
mention of excessive costs for several identified sub-projects -- that
was the only category where the short comment sounded negative to me,
while all other comments sounded very positive, including those on the
two categories where we lost the other 1.5 points).

Alex