[pypy-dev] next sprint in the snow with the plone?

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Tue Jan 6 18:26:36 CET 2004

Hi Alex,

[Alex Martelli Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 06:08:29PM +0100]

> On Jan 6, 2004, at 11:31 AM, holger krekel wrote:
> > It takes place from 7th till 14th of February 2004 in some austrian
> > So i ask everyone to check if he/she could possibly make it.  This
> > doesn't
>
> Nope, sorry.  I do hope we can get something going around
> PythonUK/ACCU, as I'm most likely going to be in the UK for that and
> likely so is Anna, but early Feb's no good for me:-(.

Python UK/ACCU is sometime april, right?

> > Ah, and btw, our EU project coordinator, Alastair Burt, just sent
> > notice
> > that our EU proposal got 26.5 out of 30 points which sounds promising
> > but
> > of course we don't know if they employ some logarithmic scale or so :-)
>
> No, I studied the PDF doc and it's really very simple: a sum of scores
> on scales of 0 to 5 in 6 categories, with a per-category threshold that
> would presumably rule out a project that's otherwise generally good but
> hopeless in one category.  Out of a maximum of 30, we "lost" a total of
> 3.5 points: ...

yes, that's right. Nevertheless, my concern was more how close 26.5 is
to 30 because it's possible that there are "too many" projects with
points higher than 26.5 ... maybe i didn't use the right mathematical
terms or so :-)

cheers,

    holger