[pypy-dev] PyCon / sprints

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Tue Jan 13 14:36:39 CET 2004

In a message of Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:18:57 GMT, Armin Rigo writes:
>Hello everybody,
>
>The proposal deadline for PyCon in in two days (Jan 15). Is anyone going
>attend?  It seems that the motivation to go there has dropped.  And it is
> much
>too early to even start thinking about a sprint there, so it most probabl
>won't happen.

Jacob and I will probably be in town then anyhow.  And the Sprint situation
is as follows:

Jeremy Hilton is organising them.  Space is free.  Accomodation is not,
and that is the killer in D.C.  I have told him that if we get our
funding, we would probably want to have a sprint there, and if we
don't get our funding we are probably not coming.  He is fine with this.

>No sprint is fixed.  The Austria sprint isn't sure at the moment.  Then t
>here
>are many vague ideas around at the time, all in April (Easter is 11 April
>):
>the ACCU conference (before or after); Switzerland (April is university
>holidays so sprint rooms are easy to find); Dublin?  Elsewhere?

Jacob and I will not be able to make it then, but don't let that stop
you ....

>A bientot,
>
>Armin.

Laura