[pypy-dev] I am about ready to feed all of the src-utest branch of pypy to utestconverter.

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Fri Jul 2 22:16:11 CEST 2004

Hi Laura,

[Laura Creighton Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 10:05:44PM +0200]
> How do we want to do this? Make a 'new' directory in each dir and put the new version
> of each file in the equivalently-named place there?

I guess the test_ files should just be overwritten in a working-copy checkout ...

> How do we want, beyond eyeballing it, to check to see that the script works?

... then the tests should be run until they pass ...

> The only thing left to do, as far as I can tell, is to add the option parsing.
> Do we want this to read from stdin?  Do we want it to take a filename?  I figure
> stdin to stdout is what we want, but optionally let it take a file name.  But
> other tastes may vary.  Opinions?

and then - after everything works - do a huge checkin.

Obviously, the final integration of std.utest into pypy is still not there
which would ease the check that it all works.

If it proves to be too hard to do this in one step then we can (re-)branch
the current trunk and do it in multiple steps.

However, i am kind of wasted and busy so i can't promise to get to do
utest/pypy integration or help much the next days.  Armin is away for
two weeks so he probably can't help much, either.

But you can nevertheless mostly test your conversions by converting all test_*.py
files and running e.g. test_all.py because 'assert' should obviously just work
with our old unittest.py hacks.  Just don't substitute 'assertRaises' before
utest is there.

cheers,

    holger