[pypy-dev] src/pypy/translator/test and src/pypy/tool/test

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Tue Jul 6 00:54:23 CEST 2004

In a message of Tue, 06 Jul 2004 00:00:22 +0200, holger krekel writes:
>[Laura Creighton Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 11:33:52PM +0200]
>> These tests are failing because they are looking for std/path
>>
>> i.e.
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "test_sourcegen.py", line 4, in ?
>>     from pypy.tool.udir import udir
>>   File "/home/lac/src/pypy/trunk/src/pypy/tool/udir.py", line 3, in ?
>>     from std.path import local
>> ImportError: No module named std.path
>>
>> what should they be saying instead?
>
>i am not sure i can follow.  Do you mean
>
>    python test_sourcegen.py
>
>is failing for you?  If not, please post the cmdline you are using
>and if you working on a plain trunk or modified version ...

Yes, it is failing.  The failing is part is:
from pypy.tool.udir import udir

and that part is failing.

here is pypy.tool.udir in its entirity.

import autopath

from std.path import local

udir = local.make_numbered_dir(base='usession-', keep=3)

>std is at src/ level and if importing it fails then importing 'pypy'
>itself should also fail.  This usually points to a missing 'import
>autopath' in a script or test file.
>
>cheers,
>
>    holger

Since I don't know what udir is for, I don't know what I should do with it.

Laura