[pypy-dev] pypy vs parrotbench

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Jul 19 18:44:30 CEST 2004

I've tried running the parrotbench code with pypy and (eventually :-)
got this far:

b0 -- after 52 minutes:
      OverflowError: long int too large to convert to int
b1 -- infinite recursion
b2 -- passes
b3 -- failed, after an hour with "(application-level) AttributeError: __cmp__"
b4 -- ENO__subclasses__
b5 --
b6 --

Of the errors, I've only made the faintest effort to understand the b3
one, and only got confused there :-/ (quiz: what is object.__cmp__?
not sure this is relavent, but it might be).

I might try b5 & b6 tonight.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Never meddle in the affairs of NT. It is slow to boot and quick to
  crash.                                             -- Stephen Harris