[pypy-dev] Re: [pypy-svn] r5606 - in pypy/trunk/src/pypy: module objspace/std

Ben Young ben at transversal.com
Thu Jul 22 17:07:55 CEST 2004

On Thursday 22 July 2004 15:57, Michael Hudson wrote:
> benyoung at codespeak.net writes:
> > Added some more of the the __r...__ functions to complex.  Made the
> > objectsapce return complex object rather than cpython wrap them. I
> > think this is the correct behaviour.
>
> I don't understand how you managed to check this in... for one thing,
> I'd already done it, and for another, cpythonobject is dead on the
> trunk!

Sorry, I guess I didn't introduce myself properly. Holger Krekel gave me an
account on codespeak after we had a number on discussions about the
implemention on complex objects in pypy. I'm sorry if I have done the wrong
thing! Apart from the __r...__ methods the problem was that complex objects
appearing in the consts section of the bytecode were being wrapped as
cpythonobjects (as they were at the time) rather than producing instances of
the class in __builtin__module.py. This was producing lots of weird effects
( 1+2j == complex(1, 2) => False ). Now I am not sure what the fix should have
been!

Sorry if I have caused any confusion. I won't commit anything again until I
have talked it over more fully!

Ben
---