[pypy-dev] Re: [pypy-svn] r5606 - in pypy/trunk/src/pypy: module objspace/std

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Jul 22 17:18:09 CEST 2004

Ben Young <ben at transversal.com> writes:

> On Thursday 22 July 2004 15:57, Michael Hudson wrote:
>> benyoung at codespeak.net writes:
>> > Added some more of the the __r...__ functions to complex.  Made the
>> > objectsapce return complex object rather than cpython wrap them. I
>> > think this is the correct behaviour.
>>
>> I don't understand how you managed to check this in... for one thing,
>> I'd already done it, and for another, cpythonobject is dead on the
>> trunk!
>
> Sorry, I guess I didn't introduce myself properly. Holger Krekel
> gave me an account on codespeak after we had a number on discussions
> about the implemention on complex objects in pypy. I'm sorry if I
> have done the wrong thing! Apart from the __r...__ methods the
> problem was that complex objects appearing in the consts section of
> the bytecode were being wrapped as cpythonobjects (as they were at
> the time) rather than producing instances of the class in
> __builtin__module.py. This was producing lots of weird effects (
> 1+2j == complex(1, 2) => False ). Now I am not sure what the fix
> should have been!

No, there's no problem with what you did, it's just that I'd already
done it, and I'm surprised svn let you check your changes in without
failing some kind of up-to-date check.

(Certainly, running svn up before checking in is a good idea...).

> Sorry if I have caused any confusion. I won't commit anything again until I
> have talked it over more fully!

Don't worry about it!  (Though as Armin said, running the testsuite
*is* appreciated...)

Cheers,
mwh

--
  surely, somewhere, somehow, in the history of computing, at least
  one manual has been written that you could at least remotely