[pypy-dev] iron python was released

Seo Sanghyeon tinuviel at sparcs.kaist.ac.kr
Sat Jul 31 02:44:03 CEST 2004

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 05:24:46PM +0200, holger krekel wrote:
> If anyone has tried it out already feel free to share your
> impressions. So far, I only skimmed the source code (c#) a
> bit because it doesn't seem to be easily runnable on linux.

Well, it ran out of the box on Linux, with Debian mono package.
(Release 1.0)

Looks decent. Mono seems to have problems handling int overflow,
so Parrotbench failed. From reading others, it seems it doesn't
fail on MS.NET. With Mono, Pystone numbers were about same as
CPython 2.3.

Has minimal "re" module as a thin wrapper around
System.Text.RegularExpression. Writing "socket" would be an
interesting excercise. Someone did run Gtk# hello world with
IronPython.

I will play more with it today. :-)