[pypy-dev] stuff

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Jun 15 16:42:24 CEST 2004

A random rag-bag of thoughts:

1) I have a rather cleaner, though currently less complete
   application-level implementation of the string formatting goo.
   It's split amongst a couple of classes, quite a few functions and
   some global data.  I'm not sure how this should be tied into the
   stdobjspace.  It would probably be better if they lived in a
   separate module.  We don't have a gateway.import_from_app_module
   hiding somewhere, or do we?

2) We could do with more 'applicationy' goals compared to the rather
   'lanugagey' ones like running pypy or running utest.

3) could 'non-reimplementations' like longobject.py be auto generated?
   On the fly, even?  It would seem a better solution than
   cpythonobject.py (I guess longobject is special because of the
   interaction with ints, but for e.g. files it shouldn't be too
   hard).

Cheers,
mwh

--
 "Sturgeon's Law (90% of everything is crap) applies to Usenet."
 "Nothing guarantees that the 10% isn't crap, too."