[pypy-dev] Re: stuff

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Tue Jun 15 23:17:17 CEST 2004

[Michael Hudson Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 05:06:31PM +0100]
> holger krekel <hpk at trillke.net> writes:
>
> > [Michael Hudson Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 04:38:56PM +0100]
> >>
> >> Guess so, but I don't think we have the equivalent of
> >> PyImport_ImportModule() yet, do we?
> >
> > no.  But you need to have that app_mod__String_ANY thingie, anyway
> > and can import from there, as far as i see.
>
> Oh yeah :-)

Actually, some ImportModule function at interp-level would be nice.
Hum, OTOH i don't see why space.builtin.__import__ wouldn't work :-)

> >> True.
> >
> > so maybe it's not worth the effort to seriously think about it if we
> > are only talking abut Files?
>
> Maybe not.  But it might help for other extension types, too...

sorry for asking a possibly dumb question: what/which do you mean with
extension types? Something like socket and friends?

cheers,

    holger