[pypy-dev] new autopath logic?

Rocco Moretti roccomoretti at hotpop.com
Fri May 14 16:04:02 CEST 2004

holger krekel wrote:

> [Laura Creighton Wed, May 05, 2004 at 06:44:21PM +0200]
>
>>Sounds good.  Maybe we write a PEP and get it into the standard library,
>>too.
>
> wow, that took 2 minutes roundtrip :-)
>
> Yes, putting it in a standard place would be nicer than having to
> distribute it all over the project. For the time beeing this needs
> to be done, though.

Well, until it gets into the standard library, you could spin it out as
a separate project. Set up a quick distutils script to install it into
the library path, and it's like it's in the standard library - and this
would work with existing versions of Python too.

This would add a dependency to PyPy, but as long as it is small and
doesn't update too often, this shouldn't be too onerous.

-Rocco