[pypy-dev] Pygame graph viewer

Günter Jantzen nc-jantzegu at netcologne.de
Thu May 13 20:59:03 CEST 2004

> Hello,
> I've been hacking on a Pygame-based viewer for the control flow graphs.
> See pypy/translator/tool/pygame/graphviewer.py.  The idea is to display
> graph as computed by 'dot', but more interactively.  The hard part was to
> figure out where, in the image, each variable name actually is on the
> now you can move the mouse around and when it is over a variable name you
> the corresponding annotation, inferred by the new stuff in
> The goal is to clean up and link it to the annotator a bit more, so that
> can see it while it progresses (as if doing a step-by-step debugging).  I
> guess it would be quite a useful debugging tool, aside from being
> presentation-friendly :-)
> A bientot,
> Armin.

Hello Armin,

it's a pity, that I will not be at Europython this year. I think your
presentation will be a highlight of this conference!

For text output and user interfaces on top of Pygame take a look at Sean
Riley's PyUI
However, it seems, that the latest development is for the Windows platform

Actually I did not use PyUI. I only read the description in

Sean Riley. Game Programming with Python

Seems to be a great book.