[pypy-dev] More on optimization

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Thu Nov 4 14:56:20 CET 2004

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 06:09:57PM +0100, Samuele Pedroni wrote:
> (...) In Java, lisp etc is not that much a
> relevant problem because for example Java arrays carry a length anyway
> and are heap allocated.

Ops, by the way: we can't use a Java array to implement a RPython list because
you can't resize Java arrays.  So there is an extra indirection even in Java
and there is a need to remove it with enough analysis and optimizations...
Or am I missing something?

In Lisp you can declare resizable arrays, though it may mean an extra
indirection too.

Armin