[pypy-dev] explicit documentation (re)organization

Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra rodsenra at gpr.com.br
Mon Nov 8 13:55:34 CET 2004

[ Holger ]:
------------
>>- letting the developers easily organize up-to-date
>>  documentation, by integrating hacking at ReST files
>>  into the coding process as seemless as possible

>>- letting others easily see this current view of the developers
>>  regarding the implementation and architecture of PyPy

[ Laura Creighton ]:
> I am not looking for something to read, but something to
> scan and to search.  Which means I want it as a webpage I can glance
> at, and that Google can index.

 Hi,
 I apologize for intruding into this discussion.
 But for versioning issues, distributed editing and view
 of ReST docs + scan/search facilities in the Python world
 is usually dealt with Zope/Plone. Have you considered using
 these tools ?

 Perhaps a slightly modified workflow (doing copy&tag-on-editing),
 could substitute *true* versioning alternatives. Moreover, nothing
 prevents docs from being periodically imported into svn.

 Just a lurker's uninvited humble comment ;o)

 best regards,
 Rod senra