[pypy-dev] explicit documentation (re)organization

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Mon Nov 8 17:02:13 CET 2004

Hi Rodrigo,

[Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 10:55:34AM -0200]
>  I apologize for intruding into this discussion.
>  But for versioning issues, distributed editing and view
>  of ReST docs + scan/search facilities in the Python world
>  is usually dealt with Zope/Plone. Have you considered using
>  these tools ?

Well, i think it would be overkill.  It is nice that the
text files documenetation controled by svn really is the
reference and you can look at history and everything with
cmdline tools.  It also opens the possibility to put it
very close to the source code, also work-flow wise.

I could possibly imagine, though, to have a zope/plone based
_view_ of the documentation but it should then still access the
repository for the content, for example with some of the work
that Kapil Thangavelu has been doing.

cheers,

    holger