[pypy-dev] Re: autopath obsolete?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Nov 18 11:19:36 CET 2004

Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com> writes:

> Hi colleagues,
> I was wondering why we still need stuff like autopath?
> I simply use a pypy.pth file in my standard python
> folder which contains the path to pypy, and things
> work fine.
> Why do we really need autopath?

Well, if you run stuff from inside the pypy directory it's a good idea
to get the current directory *out* of sys.path.

autopath is a bit of a hack, I agree, but it's not costing much, is it?

  CLiki pages can be edited by anybody at any time. Imagine the most
  fearsomely comprehensive legal disclaimer you have ever seen, and
  double it                        -- http://ww.telent.net/cliki/index