[pypy-dev] Re: autopath obsolete?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Nov 18 11:19:36 CET 2004

Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com> writes:

> Hi colleagues,
>
> I was wondering why we still need stuff like autopath?
> I simply use a pypy.pth file in my standard python
> folder which contains the path to pypy, and things
> work fine.
> Why do we really need autopath?

Well, if you run stuff from inside the pypy directory it's a good idea
to get the current directory *out* of sys.path.

autopath is a bit of a hack, I agree, but it's not costing much, is it?

Cheers,
mwh

--
  CLiki pages can be edited by anybody at any time. Imagine the most
  fearsomely comprehensive legal disclaimer you have ever seen, and