[pypy-dev] extreme slowness

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Nov 24 02:54:19 CET 2004

A few small hacks allowed me to pass the issue currently blocking
(attached, why not).  Then I thought it got stuck in an infinite loop,
but no, it was merely being very, very slow.  It takes about 15
minutes to crash on tismerysoft.de, a 3 Ghz P4, so I'd guess at least
an hour on this machine, maybe quite a bit more than that.  I think
what is happening is that *each and every* instance of Function is
having it's run() method analyzed, or something like that.  More than
once, because they get reflowed at least once.  This is probably not
that good an idea :)

Cheers,
mwh